CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 21, 2009

happy yom teruah (feast of trumpets)

(Posted at a little perspective in Sep 2007.)

Yesterday evening in Jerusalem the new moon was seen, marking the beginning of the Feast of Trumpets, the 1st day of the 7th month and the day which will, one of these years, usher in the return of Jesus the Messiah as King of Kings and Lord of Lords! In Hebrew, the name of this day is Yom Teruah, or Day of Trumpet Blowing. It is interesting, though, that Teruah can also mean "an awakening blast," as in those who have fallen asleep (the dead in Christ) will rise, because the awakening blast blown by the angel of the Lord has woken them up to life! Teruah is also sometimes translated as "shouts of joy" as in Ps 27:5-6:

"For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle;
In the secret place of His tent He will hide me;
He will lift me up on a rock.
And now my head will be lifted up above my enemies around me,
And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy [teruah];
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD."
Therefore have a day of joyful shouting to the Lord today, as we anticipate the coming of the King of Kings!

0 comments: